Monday, November 7, 2011

Never Stale Frozen Banana-Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ever made homemade cookies that NEVER go stale? Try these delicious frozen banana-oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies!


I wish I authored this easy recipe myself, but the credit goes out to The Adams Family of Highland Park, Texas. I spent most of my high school days trying to find a reason to go over to their house just to get my hands on Mrs. Adams famous chocolately treats. She genereously kept them in the freezer at all times. They are reasonably healty too!

Directions -- In a stand mixer add:

- 3/4 cup of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar -- cream / mix
- 1 egg -- cream / mix
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon -- mix it again
- 1 cup mashed banana (about four bananas) -- mix some more

-- STOP! HALT! --

Turn mixer off and mix remaining ingredients by spatula. This cookie has heavy flour and oats, so avoid overmixing to keep them light and fluffy.

By hand, add:
- 1 3/4 c. dry oats -- mix by hand
- Chocolate chips... usually a 12 oz. bag.

Do you loooove chocolate? Don't we all... I am a middle child, so I have a tendancy to "out-do" and add a little more. Despite my efforts to cut back in this recipe, I always end up with "a little cookie with my chocolate". Oh well, some flaws you just have to embrace.

You can make them as small or big as you like... Bake at 400*F for 8-10 minutes. If they even remotely look like they are starting to turn brown, TAKE THEM OUT IMMEDIATELY!!!!! Usually 8 minutes does the trick! We like ours more on the doughy side. They are delicious right out of the oven and just as good frozen -- days later or even weeks later! Keep them in a large baggie for a sweet treat when ever you get that chocolate craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment